We will endeavour to resolve all complaints as quickly as possible but some complaints may contain a level of complexity which requires more time to investigate and reach a decision but we will keep you informed while we do so.
(These service standards do not apply where a complaint has been resolved by close of business on the business day following its receipt.)
If you have a complaint for Jaguar or Land Rover please email in the first instance; email@example.com (For all other franchises please contact the individual site)
The following outlines the maximum timescales which will be adhered to:
We will send you written acknowledgement of your complaint within five business days of its receipt, informing you of the name and job title of the person handling the complaint for us.
If we are able to reach a decision within five business days of receipt of your complaint we may combine our acknowledgement of the complaint with a final response.
A final response is a written response from us which:
• accepts your complaint and, where appropriate, offers redress.
• offers redress without accepting the complaint.
• rejects your complaint and gives reasons for doing so and which informs you that, if you remain dissatisfied with our response, you may refer your complaint to an Alternative Dispute Resolution provider.
Within four weeks of receiving your complaint, we will send you either:
• our final response or
• a holding response, which explains why we are not yet in a position to resolve your complaint and indicates when we will make further contact with you (which must be within eight weeks of receipt of your complaint).
Within eight weeks following the receipt of your complaint, we will send you either:
• our final response
• a response which explains that we are still not in a position to make a final response, giving reasons for the further delay and indicating when we expect to be able to provide a final response.
- For complaints arising from our Car Sales or Servicing Departments our response will inform you that we participate in Alternative Dispute Resolution and that if you are dissatisfied with either our decision or the delay in providing a decision, you may refer your complaint to an Alternative Dispute Resolution service. We will also provide you with the contact details of an ADR provider.
- For complaints arising from regulated activities (i.e. Consumer Credit, General Insurance.) the response will inform you that you may refer your complaint to the Financial Ombudsman Service if you are dissatisfied with either our decision or the delay in providing a decision, enclosing the contact details of the FOS.